Osteopathy is an established and professionally regulated system of diagnosis and treatment for a wide range of medical conditions and may be beneficial for more than just back pain!
Musculoskeletal pain? Don’t suffer in silence — come see us if you have:
- Suffered from muscle and tendon strains, ligament sprains and/or minor sports injuries, including shin splints, achilles problems, tennis/golfers elbow, etc.
- ALSO: See our ‘MOVE! for Golf’ page for our specialist Movement Screen for Golfers
- Acute or chronic long standing problems
- Joint pain or stiffness (including osteo-arthritic or rheumatic pain)
- Muscle spasms, tightness or cramping
- Experienced attacks of sciatica or trapped nerves
- Postural problems caused by driving or workplace strain
- Other repetitive stresses and strains
At Rebalance Osteopathy we use touch, physical manipulation, stretching and massage to increase the mobility of joints, aid movement, relieve muscle tension and assist in symptomatic relief.
We do not just treat a specific condition, e.g. “neck pain”, but consider why an individual has succumbed to the issue at that specific time. We also look for any contributing factors to help prevent future reoccurrence; as well as considering other imbalances that may be causing less symptomatic, but possibly longer term problems.
Where appropriate, advice may also be provided on posture and exercise to aid recovery, promote health and prevent symptoms recurring.
Osteopathic philosophy – why Rebalance?
- Treating the ‘body as a whole’, Osteopaths work with the ‘structure and function’ of the body
– as our well-being depends on skeleton, muscles, ligaments and connective tissues functioning smoothly together.
- We also recognise that ‘The body possesses self-regulatory mechanisms, which have the inherent capacity to defend, repair, and remodel itself’
– so Osteopaths work to help your body’s own healing mechanisms in the restoration of your body to a state of natural balance, where possible without the use of drugs or surgery.
Rebalance Osteopathy was founded by:
Mr. Michael O’Driscoll. B.Ost., B.Sc.(Hons), Dip.(Sports Injuries & Massage)
Michael studied for an Osteopathic degree with the College of Osteopaths in London, having previously obtained Diploma’s in Sports Injuries and Massage.
Michael is also a Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) Certified Professional and specialises in keeping golfers of all ages and abilities, pain-free and enjoying greater success with their golf swing.
GOsC requires qualified Osteopaths to update training throughout their working lives, GOsC also ensures all Osteopaths comply with strict professional practice standards.